Sunday, September 23, 2007

terrible ugly horrible hotel room






This is handsdown the ugliest hotel room I have ever stayed in. I was afraid to let my skin touch the sheets for fear that I would bring home the terrible infestion of bed bugs that NBC has been repoting on this spring. I was confused when I booked this hotel and put us on the opposite end of South Beach and thus stayed in a hotel that hasn't been updated since Miami Vice. It went from hideous track lighting in the den with country paneling on the bottom with some miami green paint to sunflowers on the table-what are we in the midwest or florida?- to the trailer park bathroom with the homade bidet! Yes homade bidet which I promptly pointed out to Eric and forbade him to touch it. Neither of us got in the shower or let our skin touch the toliet. I also slept in socks and full clothing. There were also some odd very Las Vegas 1975v mirrors in the hall going to the bathroom-not sure what that was about. Also the bedroom was confused and thought it was from Gatlinburg, TN with all of its pine furniture and burgundy bedspread. The kitchen could have come out of anyhome in America about 20 years ago except for the foul smell being emited occassionally from the sink. Needless to say, it was bearable for one night but had it not been 10:00 p.m. and Eric calling me a princess and reassuring me we would not catch bed bugs and making me laugh, I would not have stayed that long. I also forgot to mention there was a barking dog next door. Wehn I called down to the front desk to report this atrocious behavior of one of the guests, she let em know that this was a pet friendly hotel. MOst of you may be thinking- she just booked it because it was cheap but no, we paid $225 a night to stay at this dump. Never again! I will probably never stay somewhere that is not personally recommended or from the southern living site again. Thanks to Mark for letting us crash at his impeccably clean and wonderful home back in Del Ray!!!

No comments: